In this article, we’ll discuss the important topic of: “How to Move to Spain With No Money?”
Leaving your home altogether to build a home elsewhere has never been easy after all. One might want to move to a different country for a better lifestyle and living standard, and it is understandable. Who doesn’t want to live a good life and in a more conducive and pleasant environment?
If Spain is the country you look forward to moving to, this space might help provide you the necessary information and policies in the context of moving. However, moving without any money may not be a great idea, so going with a few funds may just help.
How to Move to Spain With No Money?
If you are considering moving to Spain, it’s indeed a great idea to move to a more open and progressive country. It is regarded as a country of expatriates and for obvious reasons. It is known for its excellent quality of life that includes everything from great weather and beautiful beaches to outstanding cuisine.
Work-life balance is not something you will have to struggle to achieve; Spaniards boast of their excellent work culture that allows them to enjoy their life as much as work, well enough. People living in Spain have more perks than one to be content about.
Free public healthcare and great international schools are some of the most significant benefits you will enjoy while you live there. Even if you go without much financial backing, you will do well for yourself in a progressive European country like this.
Spaniards generally have their priorities set; they keep friends, family, and leisure before everything else, thanks to their relaxed and cheerful work culture. The process of moving isn’t so stressful as we think if we follow the correct procedures. If we are EU nationals, the process of moving isn’t hard at all. Read up below for a smooth moving process.
The relocation process is relatively simple, and one doesn’t need to stress very much and just be watchful.
- Your belongings can be shipped by sea, train, or air, and they will be examined on arrival as they go through Spanish customs.
- If a medication comes under the controlled drugs category, you might need an import license to get it back.
- One can even move with pets, as not many vaccinations are required.
Work Permits and Visas
If you are an EU citizen, you can freely travel within the Schengen territory:
- The visa you get as an EU citizen is for three months.
- If you wish to extend, you must meet specific requirements that include a clean criminal record and a good health certificate.
- If you purchase a property that values over 500,000 Euros, you get a visa for two years.
Buying a property there is simpler than renting:
- The best thing is that you will not face property ownership issues as no restrictions are imposed for foreigners in the same regard.
- The rule to go by always never go with verbal agreements; ask for a written contract.
- Your landlords may never ask you to prove your financial status as Spanish law is on the tenant’s side.
Since we’ve read enough about the healthcare system being free in Spain, we know primary care services such as nursing services, physiotherapist, and diagnostic prevention services:
- Adult dental care and pharmaceutical items aren’t free.
- If you are eligible for public health care, you can get your health card if you register at the local social security.
It will be great to enroll your children in international schools.
- International schools rank the highest both internationally and nationally.
- School is compulsory in Spain only till the age of 16
- Then comes to secondary school, which is divided into three years and again compulsory.
What if I am a US citizen and want to move to Spain? How to go about that?
You must apply for a visa at the Spanish embassy in your home state, and you shall have all rights as the Spanish citizens. You can use it for as long as on your visa.
Can I move to Spain without a job?
If you are an EU citizen, you don’t even need a work permit, you should just get a social security number, and you are ready to work in Spain. There are many reasons why you should move to Spain and live a good life, from weather to food.
How to move to Spain with no money, or what if I am a US citizen and want to move to Spain? These aren’t the questions that will bother you anymore after a closer look at this article. This research reveals solutions to all your candid questions about moving to Spain and how you can formally proceed.